Welcome to https://akuura.com (the “Site”). We understand that privacy online is important to users of our Site, especially when conducting business. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users of the Site (“Visitors”) who visit without transacting business and Visitors who register to transact business on the Site and make use of the various services offered by akuura.com (collectively, “Services”) (“Authorized Customers”).
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, financial profiles, social security number, and credit card information. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (that is, without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
2. WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
We may collect basic user profile information from all of our Visitors. We collect the following additional information from our Authorized Customers: the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of Authorized Customers, the nature and size of the business, and the nature and size of the advertising inventory that the Authorized Customer intends to purchase or sell.
3. WHAT ORGANIZATIONS ARE COLLECTING THE INFORMATION?
In addition to our direct collection of information, our third party service vendors (such as credit card companies, clearinghouses and banks) who may provide such services as credit, insurance, and escrow services may collect this information from our Visitors and Authorized Customers. We do not control how these third parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose how they use personal information provided to them from Visitors and Authorized Customers. Some of these third parties may be intermediaries that act solely as links in the distribution chain, and do not store, retain, or use the information given to them
4. HOW DOES THE SITE USE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
We use Personally Identifiable Information to customize the Site, to make appropriate service offerings, and to fulfill buying and selling requests on the Site. We may email Visitors and Authorized Customers about research or purchase and selling opportunities on the Site or information related to the subject matter of the Site. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to contact Visitors and Authorized Customers in response to specific inquiries, or to provide requested information.
5. WITH WHOM MAY THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED?
Personally Identifiable Information about Authorized Customers may be shared with other Authorized Customers who wish to evaluate potential transactions with other Authorized Customers. We may share aggregated information about our Visitors, including the demographics of our Visitors and Authorized Customers, with our affiliated agencies and third party vendors. We also offer the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving information or being contacted by us or by any agency acting on our behalf.
6. HOW IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION STORED?
Personally Identifiable Information collected by Akuura is securely stored and is not accessible to third parties or employees of Akuura except for use as indicated above.
7. WHAT CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE TO VISITORS REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE INFORMATION?
Visitors and Authorized Customers may opt out of receiving unsolicited information from or being contacted by us and/or our vendors and affiliated agencies by responding to emails as instructed, or by contacting us at [email protected]
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
9. ARE COOKIES USED ON THE SITE?
10. COOKIES USED BY OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS
11. HOW DOES AKUURA USE LOGIN INFORMATION?
Akuura.com uses login information, including, but not limited to, IP addresses, ISPs, and browser types, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a user’s movement and use, and gather broad demographic information.
12. WHAT PARTNERS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE ACCESS TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM VISITORS AND/OR AUTHORIZED CUSTOMERS ON THE SITE?
13. HOW DOES THE SITE KEEP PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION SECURE?
All of our employees are familiar with our security policy and practices. The Personally Identifiable Information of our Visitors and Authorized Customers is only accessible to a limited number of qualified employees who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. Sensitive information, such as credit card numbers or social security numbers, is protected by encryption protocols, in place to protect information sent over the Internet. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering, and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to Visitors or Authorized Customers for any such occurrences.
14. HOW CAN VISITORS CORRECT ANY INACCURACIES IN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
15. CAN A VISITOR DELETE OR DEACTIVATE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE SITE?
We provide Visitors and Authorized Customers with a mechanism to delete/deactivate Personally Identifiable Information from the Site’s database by contacting. However, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to delete a Visitor’s entry without retaining some residual information. An individual who requests to have Personally Identifiable Information deactivated will have this information functionally deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use Personally Identifiable Information relating to that individual in any way moving forward.
These are summarized rights that you have under data protection law
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
- The right to withdraw consent
17. DATA PROTECTION AMENDMENT FOR GDPR
Where there is a User located in the EU Economic Area, that User’s Personal Information will be processed by our Affiliate. As a result of this part of the Services, this Personal Information may be transferred to other geographic regions, which may or may not be located in the European Economic Area. Any such data transfers will be processed in compliance with the GDPR’s Data Protection legislation.
In the event we process Personal Information while providing the Services, we will:
- Process such data solely for the purpose of meeting our obligations in accordance with the instructions you have provided us for how we are to process the personal information; so long as the instructions are permitted without the Services we provide. In the event, as a matter of law or regulation, we may be required to process the personal information for any other reason, we will provide you with advance notice, unless prohibited by any such law or regulation.
- Provide you with notification that your instruction to us for the processing of Personal Information violates or infringes relevant Data Protection Law, Legislation or
- Notify you within the required time frame upon receipt of an inquiry or complaint from a User, Supervisory Authority or other entity with authorization to make such an inquiry or complaint, related to our processing of the Personal Information.
- Modify, change or correct our processes and procedures for processing the Personal Information in order to avoid unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure. These steps will be in accordance with guidelines intended to prevent unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage or theft of Personal Information and in accordance with the type of Personal Information being protected.
- At your request, provide you with all relevant and current data and reports related to any such breach as monitored by a third-party provided engaged to audit our user information and data protection practices. In addition, or alternatively we may provide reports and certifications which shall be sufficient to your needs in accordance with this Amendment.
- Notify you promptly upon becoming aware of and identifying any accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful processing of, disclosure of, or access to the Personal Information.
- Have in place policies and procedures to ensure that employees or third-party entities who have access to the Personal Information have executed our Confidentiality Agreements which restrict any such party’s ability to disclosure such Personal Information.
- In the event of termination of the Agreement, we will take appropriate and required steps to delete or anonymize the Personal Information. You have the right to request a file containing the Personal Information within sixty (60) days of termination.
We hereby notify you, and you acknowledge and understand that in providing the Services, we may retain the services of Subprocessors to process the Personal Information. Our use of Subprocessors shall be in compliance with the Data Protection Legislation and will be in accordance with an agreement between us and the Subprocessor.
18. GOVERNING LAW
https://akuura.com contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.